(J.R.R. Tolkien, 1954)
I’m Vanessa, a qualified counsellor and therapist trained in psychodynamic counselling, psychotherapy and CBT, practicing in Romford and Waterloo. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
Maybe you are struggling with the things of life, may be it is already a while you have been surfing the web wandering whether Counselling or CBT is something good for you. If this is the case, then searching out for some help is a very good decision.
Sometimes you might find yourself:
- Overwhelmed by low mood, depression
- Wondering where and who are you in life?
- Feeling that work or studies are too much, too stress
- Experiencing unbearable pain for the loss of someone you loved, bereavement
- Getting so anxious that sometimes it is just better to stay at home
- In need of someone who can listen to you but not judge
- Having issues with important relationships
- Stuck in a way of being, feeling or behaving
- Going through a divorce
- Feeling worthless, thick, with no self-esteem
- Sometimes too much of a perfectionist
- Unable to give voice to your feelings or thoughts?
Counselling or CBT are an effective way to cope with tough times in order to change and achieve a happier, more meaningful life.
However, finding the right therapist may occasionally feel difficult and intimidating. My way of working is collaborative, non-judgmental and emphatic. We will decide together what is best for you and for how long, keeping into consideration also the practicalities of life.
I understand that taking the first step may be daunting, so to help you start your journey I offer a 15 minute free informal first telephone contact with no obligations.
When getting in touch with me via phone, text or mail just mention you would like to book a ‘free first call’.
I was referred to Vanessa for CBT by my university. From the very first session I felt safe working with her. She has pushed me to get the most from the sessions helping me be open and honest, giving me work to do in my own time and sharing resources – all of which has been key to the progress I have made. I have learnt so much about myself and what I can do to make the most of my life.
Thank you, Vanessa.