I am a fully accredited and qualified psychotherapist/counsellor trained in Psychodynamic Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). In recent years I have developed an interest in Existential Counselling.
This is my second career, and I have a passion for it. Previously I worked in both the Digital and Shipping industries with extensive experience in multinational organisations and start-ups, where I held numerous positions.
Then, I joined The Samaritans, and from there, my curiosity and willingness to help others brought me to study as a counsellor. My experience as a client receiving psychotherapy has been equally significant.
Apart from my work in private practice, I have experience working as Bereavement Counsellor and University Student Counsellor in the charity and public sector.
In my calm office, I provide a place that is confidential, warm, non-judgemental and open to exploring any aspects of your life that are important to you.
I value diversity and I am aniti-discrimination in all its forms:
- Pro self-advocacy (knowing yourself, knowing your needs, and knowing how to get what you need).
- Gender, Sexual and Relationship Diversity (GSRD)-affirmative.
Having said this, I am aware of the importance of continuous learning and identification of my blind-spots.
Counseling and CBT Qualifications
- BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling – in progress
- Diploma in Online Counselling
- BACP Accredited FdSc Counselling and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- HCE Psychodynamic Counselling and Organisational Dynamics
I engage in CPD; expanding my expertise and knowledge via regular attendance to clinical supervision, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), MBACP (Accred), 289227
- Senior Accredited Member of the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society , ex-NCS (NCS), SNCPS (Acc.), NCS19-08165
- Professional Member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO)
I practice in abidance with:
- BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
- BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions Supplementary Guidance: Working Online (GPiA 047)
- ACTO Code of Ethics
- NCS Code of Ethics
I provide confidentiality within these guidelines.
My private practice is insured with Towergate Insurance n. ZOVX01IN01.
- I support a total ban on Conversion Therapy in the UK; please visit www.banconversiontherapy.com to join me in protecting LGBTQ+ members of our society from this torturous practice.
- I oppose Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA).